We will continue to work on the belt test for 11 May, so please take a look at your testing requirements. If you are unsure on anything, ask the questions.
. Adult Class Only: Please bring your bo staff.
Three opportunities are approaching in the near future:
– 4 May: Karate Master’s Invitational Tournament in Spring, TX. Please follow the link for more information and registration.
– Soar TSD Belt Test – Fort Hood, TX
. 2 May: Soar TSD Written Test for adult class only
. 11 May: Physical Test (10:30-12:00)
. I have sent and email to each family I believe are/will be ready to test. If you did not receive something from me and believe you should’ve, please contact me. As this is a formal World Tang Soo Do Association event, a uniform is required for testing. A TSD Uniform is $36.00. If this becomes a financial hardship, please let me know. We have options.
. Little Dragons Class (5-10 years), there is no testing fee as rank from this age group does not transfer to other clubs/studios.
. Adult class (10 years to Adult), the testing fee is $25.00 due on 9 May in cash, check, or debit card.
1. Purpose of training should be the enhancement of mental and physical betterment.
2. Serious Approach.
3. All out effort.
4. Maintain regular and constant practice.
5. Practice basic techniques all the time.
6. Regularly spaced practice sessions.
7. Always listen to and follow the directions of instructors or seniors.
8. Do not be overly ambitious.
9. Frequently inspect your own achievements.
Concentration is a lot of attention, thought, and focus directed to an activity or subject. This week’s meditation is concentration. In Tang Soo Do, it takes a great deal of concentration or focus to practice consistently, to try your best on every technique, and to receive correction. To be an expert in Tang Soo Do, you have to be able to concentrate keeping constant awareness of every tiny muscle in your body.
. The godly life also takes consistent concentration so that your life will glorify God. Deuteronomy 6 tells us how we practice this type of concentration.
4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. (Deuteronomy 6:4–7)