Because of a field exercise this week, we will not have have class this week (13/16 May). However, I want you all to continue to practice your basic kicks, punches, blocks, one-steps and forms this week. I will be adding to your knowledge next week. Pay close attention to attitude requirements numbers 9, 11, & 12. Our next class will be 20 May.
Master Bailey said, “Your students were awesome and made you proud.”
He is not wrong. All those who tested this weekend made me extremely proud.
It was such a joy to “show you off” to other instructors who haven’t seen you before. Thank you for all your hard work. I have loaded the photos to Facebook.
If you have more photos/videos, I would love to have a copy of them.
1. Purpose of training should be the enhancement of mental and physical betterment.
2. Serious Approach.
3. All out effort.
4. Maintain regular and constant practice.
5. Practice basic techniques all the time.
6. Regularly spaced practice sessions.
7. Always listen to and follow the directions of instructors or seniors.
8. Do not be overly ambitious.
9. Frequently inspect your own achievements.
10. Always follow a routine and training schedule.
11. Repeatedly practice all techniques already learned.
12. When you learn new techniques, learn thoroughly the theory and philosophy as well.
Respect and Obedience* – Obedience can be a difficult obligation, still there is great respect and humility in obedience. These are the virtues we are called to demonstrate to the world around us. The writer of the New Testament book of Hebrews said, “Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you” (Hebrews 13:17). Obedience has a double blessing. First, you make it easier for your leader, parent, teacher, etc. to accomplish his/her requirements. Second, because it is easier for that leader, he/she is more willing to work harder for you and be a greater benefit to you. We should always be praying that our leaders (parents, teachers, commanders) would grow in strength and wisdom, so that they can lead with competence and we can be led well. Finally, Edwin Cole, founder of the Christian Men’s Network, succinctly said it this way, “Obedience is an act of faith; disobedience is the result of unbelief.” Be people of faith. Trust in God that He has placed those in authority over us. Obedience is an act of faith and worship before God almighty. Jesus said, “If you love me, you will keep my commandments” (John 14:15).