First of all, it is good to be healthy again! We will resume classes this week. One exception, as Monday is a part of the 4-day holiday, we will not have class on Monday. Tuesday will resume our normal class schedule:
• Little Dragons: 1730-1800 (ages 5-10)
• Warriors: 1800-1900 (ages 10-Adult)
Our focus this week will be on Hyungs (forms). We are beginning a new testing cycle in preparation for the Summer Belt Test, so it is always appropriate to begin the cycle with forms. Some of you will be learning new forms while others will be refining the forms they know.
Key concepts to remain aware of during forms:
1) Where is your weight, and where are your shoulders in relation to your hips?
2) What are you doing? What are you attacking or defending? What is the scene?
3) What is the shape and how else can I use this body movement?
News update: The Army has seen fit to allow me to remain at Fort Hood a little longer, so classes will be able to continue through the summer. More to follow as I get clearer guidance on my next assignment.