Kicking, Kicking One-Steps (Il Soo Sik Jok Ki), and Partner Sparring Focus Drill (Won-Hyong Dae-Ryun) is our training topic this week. I know summer is a busy time, still I have missed seeing those of you who have been gone a while.
2019 Lone Star Showdown
Sat Aug 3, 2019 9am Doors Open
Summit Christian Academy, 2121 Cypress Creek Road, Cedar Park, TX 78613
Here is an opportunity to participate in an Open Tournament hosted by Fire Dragon Karate. I highly encourage you to consider participating. This one on the most affordable tournaments I have ever seen. For information and registration follow this link.
Indomitable Spirit: Indomitable spirit is a hard tenet to grasp. From this tenet comes the strength to not just persevere, but to rise above one’s Self. American revolutionary Thomas Paine describe the indomitable spirit as “the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. It is the business of littleminds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles to death.” Don’t Quit! Press on to the greater goal. Run the race laid before you with honor. “Let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone [even the rude], and especially to those who are of the household of faith.” (Galatians 6:9–10)
1. Purpose of training should be the enhancement of mental and physical betterment.
2. Serious Approach.
3. All out effort.
4. Maintain regular and constant practice.
5. Practice basic techniques all the time.
6. Regularly spaced practice sessions.
7. Always listen to and follow the directions of instructors or seniors.
8. Do not be overly ambitious.
9. Frequently inspect your own achievements.
10. Always follow a routine and training schedule.
11. Repeatedly practice all techniques already learned.
12. When you learn new techniques, learn thoroughly the theory and philosophy as well.
13. When you begin to feel idle, try to overcome this.
14. Cleanliness is required after training. Keep yourself and your surroundings clean.