This week due to Vacation Bible School being host at Comanche Chapel, we will meet in Room 107 on Monday and Thursday. We will have signs directing you past our normal room.
Grabbing One-Steps (Ho Sin Sul) is our concentration this week. All the new orange belts will get to learn two new one steps: numbers 5 and 6.
Here is an opportunity to participate in an Open Tournament hosted by Fire Dragon Karate. I highly encourage you to consider participating. This one on the most affordable tournaments I have ever seen. For information and registration follow this link.
1. Purpose of training should be the enhancement of mental and physical betterment.
2. Serious Approach.
3. All out effort.
4. Maintain regular and constant practice.
5. Practice basic techniques all the time.
6. Regularly spaced practice sessions.
7. Always listen to and follow the directions of instructors or seniors.
8. Do not be overly ambitious.
9. Frequently inspect your own achievements.
10. Always follow a routine and training schedule.
11. Repeatedly practice all techniques already learned.
12. When you learn new techniques, learn thoroughly the theory and philosophy as well.
13. When you begin to feel idle, try to overcome this.
14. Cleanliness is required after training. Keep yourself and your surroundings clean.
Humility: Charles Spurgeon said, “Humility is to make a right estimate of one’s self. It is not humility for a man to think less of himself than he ought, though it might rather puzzle him to do that.” There is humility in recognizing the gifts and talents God has innately placed in you and developed in you. Humility is to use the gifts and talents God has given you in service to others and for the glory of God.
The psalmist wrote, “Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure. The LORD lifts up the humble; he casts the wicked to the ground” (Psalm 147:5-6). Jesus said in Matthew 20:28, “…the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Go exercise the gifts and talents God gave you for the benefit of others and to bring glory to God in heaven. The Lord will lift you up.